King Site Seminar 2017
Thursday, May 4th & Friday, May 5th
King Middle School is a high-achieving and innovative EL Education Mentor School located in Portland, Maine. As one of the most racially, culturally, and economically diverse public schools in Maine, King includes all students in authentic work and expects everyone to succeed.
What to Expect
During the Site Seminar we will share how King maintains a vibrant culture of continuous improvement. The institute will showcase learning expeditions that are tied to state and Common Core standards, are enriched with authentic fieldwork experiences and contain high-quality products. We will also examine how standards-based grading and Habits of Work and Learning have been successfully integrated into our school.
- Focus: Learning Expeditions
- Student Tours
- Expedition Planning
- Authentic Fieldwork
- High Quality Final Products
- Celebrations of Learning
- EL Education as a School Design
- Focus: Standards-Based Grading and Habits of Work and Learning
- Generating Standards
- King’s Grading Guide
- Habits of Work and Learning
- Formative and Summative Assessment Strategies
- Student Engaged Assessment
- School Leadership Structures
The cost of the Site Seminar $400 per person for both days (breakfast and lunch provided both days). Please register using the link below.
For further information, contact Peter Hill, Instructional Guide, at email@example.com or (207) 874 8140